BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Our newest addition

Haven't updated in awhile due to the arrival our latest addition to the family.
Meet Keegan Phillip Czarnecki!
Born Jan 23, 2010 @ 6:20 am
@ 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant.
Weighing 7lbs 13 oz
Measuring 20.5in
After laying in bed for hours watching lovely infomercials we suddenly heard a loud pop @ 2:34am my water broke, complete with the "movie gush!" We were on our way to the hospital. We arrived there around 3:30 am and waited to get checked into a room. I really wasn't feeling too many contractions and the ones I did feel were very faint. Once checked into our room they came in to check me and offered the epidural, but I decided to put it off for awhile until I couldn't stand the pain. So they checked me and I was 6cm and 90% effaced. They wanted to let me labor for awhile and said they would be back in 2 hours to check my progress. When the pain became untolerable we called the nurse down to get the epidural. The anastesiologist came up right away. He got the site ready and placed the epidural in, just as he was about to put the test medicine in to make sure he got it in right I felt the urge to push. So they layed me back and the nurse checked and said little mans head was right there and she yelled for the doctor. A few pushes later our little man arrived healthy and happy and beautiful from head to toe! B/c delivery went so fast his face and arms were bruised but a few days later that went away.
I can't believe how fast my labor went. I really wasn't expecting it to go that fast or I would have not put the epidural off for so long, but I am glad that I did because having a natural birth was a great experience and really didn't hurt as bad as I thought it was going to.
We are so blessed to have this new & last addition to our family. He truly completes are happy little family!
Heres a little video of his first few minutes in the new big world!

0 comments: